Monday, January 26, 2009

A Brief History Of Illustration Reps

January 2009 marks a first for me. For the first time in my career I'm no longer represented by an agent. I spoke with agents all the way back in my Ontario College Of Art And Design days and had signed with Toronto's i2i Art Inc within a few months of graduating from school. I moved on from i2i Art Inc a few years ago to join The Newborn Group in New York City. This was a very appealing group for me at the time because of the strong stable of realistic illustrators. After two years I just didn't feel like I was getting much benefit out of the business relationship. I left the group last year and with all the time it takes to break an artist/rep relationship I'm officially on my own now. So, if you go to the Newborn Group's website and find me listed as a new artist it's just a very outdated website.

No comments:

Post a Comment