Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 Years and Counting....

Happy New Year To Everyone!

2010 is here and with it comes my 10th Anniversary as a professional illustrator. During my third year at OCAD I started sending out my portfolio and postcards. I would regularly contact magazines in Toronto by phone and email but I also contacted many potential clients through the school's job listing board. The first job I remember was for The Love Connection's host Chuck Woolery in 2000. An agency was creating a dating website named after Chuck's phrase "2 and 2". The idea was that online daters could send each other postcards online. I illustrated 3 of the 9 postcards but I don't believe the website ever went live. They did tell me that Chuck was very pleased with the pieces I submitted and that he had more ideas for me. Call me any time Mr. Woolery!

I'm sure there were little paid projects prior to this but if I had to name a first assignment this would be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment